Senior AccountantRedwood City, CA
The successful candidate will be a key member of the finance and accounting team of this social networking company that performs business in the global market. The Senior Finance Accountant and Analyst will report to the Controller, and will actively assist with financial reporting and financial planning and analysis. Financial reporting will include responsibility to reconcile financial accounts, perform analysis, and assist with the preparation of monthly and GAAP financial statements, record journal entries and document procedures and controls. Financial planning and analysis will include monitoring actual spends against budget, expense forecasting, and data analysis.
So, what will you do?
- Primary responsibility is to assist in preparing financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
- Maintain Company’s stock data and transactions in Equity Edge Online and reconcile to capitalization table
- Perform payroll administration; review, approve and oversee the allocation of expenses and fees
- Assist with the forecasting process and developing the annual operating plan and interim period forecasts
- Analyze merchant fees, and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Prepare and review monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Partner effectively and proactively with Human Resources, Legal, Tax and Accounting to anticipate, implement and/or address equity compensation initiatives/matters
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
- Assist with financial and tax audits, including preparing and providing supporting documents for external audits
- Assist with the development and implementation of procedures and practices to better enable efficient, accurate and timely processing of the monthly close
- Supervise accounts payable; review, approve and allocate expenses and fees
- Prepare and administer customer invoices; prepare bi-monthly updates on receivables also pursue collection of receivables according to payment terms
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record; CPA in California preferred
- Public accounting background preferred (minimum of 3 years)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with different personalities and departments, including to VP level.
- Excellent planning and analytical skills.
- Must be proficient in determining and documenting transaction processes
- Understanding of financial planning, financial statement preparation, and US GAAP accounting
- Thorough knowledge of best practices on month end close and procure-to-pay processes and ability to improve these processes
- Background in SOX 404 compliance and familiarity with control processes and the relating documentation.
- Ability to maintain a detailed, organized filing system for invoices, statements, and contracts
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Excel
- Familiarity with Netsuite accounting system and Equity Edge preferred
- Ability to multi-task among different projects and deadlines; a motivated self-starter who can run with their own projects and work as a team
- Detail-oriented, organized, and thorough, with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Experience with financial management systems applications including relational database concepts, and report writing using SQL or Oracle preferred.
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.